Check out our new site at GETOUTDOORSNZ
The SiroWaw Portal provides information for Trampers, Hikers and Mountain Bikers wanting to get out into the great New Zealand Outdoors. It's a great place to starting looking for the latest tramping related news, trip ideas, track and hut information and links to other NZ Outdoor sites.
We have included lots of images to inspire you to get out there and experience it yourself. Hopefully the trip and route/map details will be useful to others planning trips in the areas covered. Feel free to contact Pete for additional information.
- Te Araroa walking trail popularity creates pressure points
- Why are we obsessed with the weather?
- Trek through New Zealand’s Routeburn Trail
- Seven photos by Sam Deuchrass will inspire you to explore the South Island
- Tramping in Canterbury: Cass-Lagoon saddle track
- Macpac confirms Marlborough store
- Glam tramping the Abel Tasman
- Tramping the Southern Crossing of the Tararua Range
- Fancy 'TRAMPING'? Bear Grylls inspires campers for simple approach to the outdoors
- Hut moved by helicopter in Mt Richmond Forest Park in Marlborough
- Captive bred whio to be released back into wild
- National Battle to protect whio ramps up
- Kiwi adventurers to take on the untamed ‘White Wave’ in Nepal
- Te Waonui o Tāne Māori Environmental Training
- Decision Making and Intuition of Outdoor Leaders
- New Zealand mountaineer makes preliminary list for prestigious award
- New Zealand Alpine Club announces world-first sporting event
- Member of the Month: Sir Edmund Hillary Outdoor Pursuits Centre
- DOC to protect species at risk from predator plague
- DOC: Survey of New Zealanders